Fast, affordable Internet access for all.
SEATOA Conference Set for March 21st-22nd
This March 21-22, the SouthEast Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (SEATOA) will be hosting the "Networking Communities for the New South" conference. The conference will be held at the Omni Charlotte Hotel.
We are excited to see Susan Crawford as the keynote speaker. From the conference page:
She will provide a broadband policy reality check, and answer – among other questions –whether current so-called “level playing field”, “free-market” policies are leaving us with a second class network that only the rich can afford.
Some of the issues discussed will be:
- Public and private resources
- How to offer services to schools and other government institutions as a way to save costs and yet build a platform for high bandwidth use
- Info on the Research Triangle Park's North Carolina Next Generation Network, (NCNGN - sounds like NC Engine)
- The National Public Safety FirstNET and municipal network
- How to build, operate, and integrate social media into, local Public, Education and Government (PEG) channels, and into your organization's lobbying campaigns to obtain optimal reach