Save the date! ILSR’s Community Broadband Networks team is back for a second season of our Building for Digital Equity series.
You can register now here.
The free online live stream will be held on Feb. 16 from 2-3 pm CST/3-4 pm ET.
We will unpack how local communities are working with their states to challenge the FCC’s broadband maps, bringing together local stakeholders, policy advocates, and GIS and Data Visualization Specialists in one place. We will also cover local organizing for better broadband and the latest on the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
The event, which this year is being sponsored by UTOPIA Fiber, will cover:
- What is the latest on FCC map drama?
- What should local governments be doing around mapping?
- What should states be doing on mapping?
Organizing Local Digital Equity Coalitions
- Role of Bootcamps
- Local strategies and lessons learned
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- What is the latest information
- What works/doesn't work for signing people up?
The livestream will be available on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitch, with live viewer questions answered by the panels. Stay tuned for those links here.