Fast, affordable Internet access for all.
NDIA Net Inclusion Webinar Series Begins April 7
The National Digital Inclusion Alliance's Net Inclusion conference this year is a webinar series, running eight consecutive weeks between April 7 and May 26. One-hour webinars at 1pm ET on Wednesday each week will feature a diverse cast of policy experts, advocates, city officials, and nonprofits to talk about what's going on at the local and state level. Register free here.
The first panel, titled "The Structural Racism Behind Digital Inequity," will feature Chrissie Powell (Executive Director, Byte Back Baltimore), James Walker, II (Founder/CEO, Informative Technologies Inc.), Quincy B. (Founder & Director, EraseTheRedline Inc.), and Rebecca Kauma (Economic and Digital Inclusion Program Manager, City of Long Beach). The panel will be moderated by Alisa Valentin (Special Advisor, Office of FCC Commissioner Geoffrey Starks).
See the list of subsequent panels below:
- April 14th: Digital Navigators: Models, Partners, Assessment, and Funding
- April 21st: Coalitions and Digital Equity Planning
- April 28th: Local Government and State Digital Inclusion Funding, Offices, Coordination, and Policy
- May 5th: Weaving Digital Inclusion into Existing Community and Government Programs
- May 12th: Partnering with Healthcare Organizations to Increase Digital Equity
- May 19th: Filling the Gap – Building Subsidized & Affordable Broadband
During the final event on May 26th, the NDIA will announce the winners of this year's Digital Equity Benton Awards. Two awards will be handed out this year. The first is the Digital Equity Champion, which “will recognize an outstanding individual who has made a difference in the field of digital equity.” The Emerging Leader Award, on the other hand, will “acknowledge an up-and-coming digital inclusion practitioner.”
Read more about the awards here.